When you choose to serve Jesus Christ you will experience attacks from the enemy. The more that you choose to do for the Lord’s Kingdom the more attacks you will endure. The more lives that you choose to reach for Jesus the more attacks the enemy will bring to you. It would be easier to take if the attacks just came from those in the world but when the attacks largely come from people within the church then it becomes more challenging to take. When people who attend church lie about you, come against your character, betray you, and come against the godly things that you are doing then it becomes more challenging. I had never wanted to do full time ministry until in January 2009 at a Morris Cerullo convention I received words from the Lord from three prophetic people. They were all indicating that I would be in charge of some kind of ministry that would help many people around the world. I then told the Lord that I didn’t care what I had to endure – that I wanted to impact the most people as possible for Christ and if I had to go through hell and back that I would do it. I’ve definitely had to endure many strong personal attacks from people with the spirit of Jezebel and who are witches due to the impact of my inner healing and deliverance ministry around the world – but it has all been worth it to see so many thousands of lives freed and living productive lives for Christ now.
Matthew 10:22 NKJV
22 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.
1 Peter 3:13-18 NKJV
Suffering for Right and Wrong
13 And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
Christ’s Suffering and Ours
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
Profiting from Trials
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Romans 5:1-5 NKJV
Faith Triumphs in Trouble
5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
James 1:12 NKJV
Loving God Under Trials
12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
Knowing that whoever chooses to serve Christ will be attacked – how can we better handle these attacks. How can we minimize our pain? When people who attend church get triggered by the true Jesus within your heart – how can you be strong and not break?
- Align our lives as closely with Christ as possible. It is one thing to suffer attacks while consecrating our lives with Christ closely – and a whole other thing when we are in hidden sin and the enemy has legal rights to attack us more strongly. When you are struggling with sin on a daily basis then the enemy has legal access to expose that sin to stop you from doing much of anything for Christ. The Lord will also expose your sin if you don’t humble yourself and get your soul wounds cleansed.
- When you are aligned closely with Christ you will hear His voice more clearly for instruction instead of the enemy. So you will minimize the opportunities of the enemy to come against you. If you allow yourself to hear the enemy’s voice you will be on his territory and struggle because your decisions and choices will be ungodly.
- Have at least one other godly person that you can confide in when you are being attacked that can give you godly advice. Job didn’t have anyone who gave him good advice and was hurting deeply. David was able to confide in Jonathan when Saul attacked him.
- The enemy loves to get people who appear to be Christians (they attend church) to lie about godly people in order to discourage them and get them to give up doing what the Lord wants them to do. So understand when people lie about you that God is proud of you because you are in good company with Jesus and the disciples who were also lied about. While it’s not fun to have people believe lies about you – understand that is one of the main ways the enemy attacks godly people. As best you can do not listen or read what evil people are saying or writing about you.
- Never write anything on social media to defend yourself against your attackers as that just plays into their hands. If someone asks you personally for the truth of a false accusation then you can explain it – but make sure you are totally honest and do not lie. God knows the truth and will defend you ultimately. Also your anointing in the Lord will always increase when you are obedient to Him and blameless while those who are attacking you will come under a curse from the Lord. (Proverbs 15:29 – The Lord is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous)
- Realize that attacks from the enemy are usually cyclical. Meaning that it is just a season and when you have overcome the attack you will be stronger in the spirit and more anointed to help others overcome. Yes there will be future attacks to overcome – but you are on the right track. You can never get stronger by taking weight off the bar.
- Turn off social media, your phone, and disconnect during attacks from other people. Take a vacation from their attacks. When you shut everything down you will not hear what they are saying and can stay at peace more easily. Never read or listen to anything from anyone who is of the enemy with evil intentions in their heart.
While spiritual warfare attacks are part of the territory with anyone who is making a large impact to come against the enemy and affect many lives – understand that when you are doing exactly what the Lord wants – that He will reward and bless you for your sacrifice and suffering. There comes a solace when you know that you are doing what the Lord has called you to do. No regrets. Just obedience. Then when you come before God at the end of your life you will hear “Well done, my good and faithful servant!”